Keep yourself updated with latest news, breaking news, current news, political news and news India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.

Recent

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Sophie Turner Says Life After Marriage With Joe Jonas Was "Isolating"

British actress Sophie Turner recently opened up about her split with American singer Joe Jonas. The couple made their home in Los Angeles, which initially presented the 'Game Of Thrones' star with several difficulties. She found it annoying that everything was so far away as it required her to travel for at least forty minutes in order to visit someone and referred to the way of living as "isolating". "You can't just bump into someone at a bar there, you have to drive 40 minutes with an intention of seeing someone," she said in an interview with Vogue.

Getting married to a Jonas brother meant joining a bigger family that included two sisters-in-law. However, the 29-year-old did not feel comfortable with the attention that followed. "There was a lot of attention on the three brothers and the wives. Well, we were always called the wives, and I hated that. It was kind of this plus-one feeling. And that's nothing to do with him - in no way did he make me feel that - it was just that the perception of us was as the groupies in the band," she added.

Meanwhile, their decision to relocate their small family to Miami in 2021 only heightened those sentiments of isolation. According to her, it was nothing less than cultural shock for the performer. "We were in this community full of 50-year-old men, so imagine trying to make friends on the dog walk. I just felt like a little bird trapped in a gilded cage. It was amazing, yes, but I didn't have any friends there," she added.

Further, Ms Turner was growing more uneasy about America's gun violence epidemic as a mother. She was devastated when she learned of the Uvalde killings in 2022. She told the outlet, "I couldn't fathom being a mother of one of those children knowing that this was something your country could fix, that they'd rather have rights to guns than give kids a right to life. Meanwhile, women in the US are being stripped of their rights, left, right and centre. It all contributed to this feeling of I have to get out, I have to get out."

Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner announced their split in September 2023 after four years of marriage. They tied the knot in 2019 after nearly three years of dating. They issued a joint statement which read, "Statement from the two of us: "After four wonderful years of marriage we have mutually decided to amicably end our marriage. There are many speculative narratives as to why but, truly this is a united decision and we sincerely hope that everyone can respect our wishes for privacy for us and our children."

However, comments emerged in the days that followed, calling her a "bad mum" since she was an extrovert as compared to her husband. Recalling the harrowing time, she said, "I mean, those were the worst few days of my life. I remember I was on set, I was contracted to be on set for another two weeks, so I couldn't leave. My kids were in the States and I couldn't get to them because I had to finish Joan. And all these articles started coming out. It hurt because I really do completely torture myself over every move I make as a mother - mum guilt is so real! I just kept having to say to myself, 'None of this is true. You are a good mum and you've never been a partier.'"
 



from NDTV News- Topstories https://ift.tt/Xv3bFij
https://ift.tt/03diZWo
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Definition List

Unordered List

Support